Spread Love Not Oil is a charity event to help restore Gulf Coast fishing communities and protect America's coastal wetlands.
About the Event
Alexis Tirado and TJ Pitre have partnered with Gulf Aid, a nonprofit organization that helps provide relief to Gulf Coast fishing communities and works to restore and protect America's coastal wetlands.
Alexis and TJ became friends while working together in the digital department of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. A few months ago, they both discussed the fact that they're turning 30 in the fall. They asked each other, "Why not give back to a community in need?"
We hope you'll be contributing to this special cause and celebrating this monumental birthday with Alexis and TJ. One hundred percent of each $30 ticket sold will go directly towards Gulf Aid. The party will be held at the beautiful Norwood Club, a private club that focuses on the creative arts.
Photos from the Event!
Thank you to all the fabulous attendees, generous sponsors and selfless volunteers for making Spread Love, Not Oil a big success! It was a night filled with love, positive energy and lots of smiles. Please enjoy the photos below.
Our exclusive sponsor alcohol SKYY Vodka is generous enough to donate to Gulf Aid but we you need YOU to tweet in order to make it happen. During the party: Tweet your favorite cocktail to @skyyvodka & SKYY will donate $5 to @gulfaid.
To attend, please purchase a ticket on our EventBrite page. You must be at least 21 years of age to attend this party. When you receive your electronic ticket, you must print it out and show it to the door at the Norwood Club. Kinda like a concert! Due to legal reasons, Norwood cannot handle cash transactions at the door. If you leave your ticket at home, you can't attend the party, and you'll miss out on a great night!
At the party we’ll have a two-hour open bar, courtesy of SKYY vodka, a pretty fly gift bag, and a dance party spun by DJ Ultragrrrl, who New York magazine calls "one of the most influential people in music." Photographer Steven Freeman, who has worked with MTV, People magazine, Martha Stewart Living and InStyle, will be taking photos of you dancing the night away. And if you have extra dollars, please tip the bartenders and participate in our auction raffle! We'll be raffling off good stuff, such as G-Shock watches and Altec Lansing speakers.
Date, Time & Location
Our Generous Sponsors
- Skyy Vodka
- B & G Foods
- Steven Freeman
- Colgate Wisp
- New Balance Gear
- Norwood Club
- Altec Lansing
- Casio: Baby-G
- Tchoup Shop
- Martha Stewart
- Reebok Sports Club
- Freeset Jute Bags
- Mario Badescu
- The Roosevelt
- The Cook-Off Board
We’ve been working hard to get some pretty awesome raffle prizes for you! We’ll be selling raffle tickets for $3 each, $10 for 5 tickets, $20 for 12 tickets or $50 for 50 tickets.
- A one-year, region-wide (good for unlimited access to all New York locations) YogaWorks membership, valued at $1550. YogaWorks is a renown yoga studio and several of our friends are big fans of it! YogaWorks' goal is to guide students to greater self-awareness, focus, and health through their full spectrum of yoga programs. They do this with love, compassion, a sense of adventure, and a reverence for what each individual can accomplish throughout their lives.
- A two-night stay at the swanky Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans, valued at $600. The Roosevelt Hotel is part of the Waldorf Astoria Collection and recently underwent a $145 million restoration. Fun factoid: Legends such as Louis Armstrong, Cab Calloway, Ray Charles, Jack Benny and Bob Hope have stayed at the Roosevelt!
- European facial and 55-minute body massage courtesy of Mario Badescu, valued $135. For over forty years, Mario Badescu Skin Care has been known for personalized skin care and acne treatment. Naomi Campbell, Jennifer Aniston and even Alexis’ boyfriend, Paulie are big fans of this spa and skincare establishment.
- Emerilware by Wüsthof knives set, worth $400. The Gucci of knives, every foodie or home chef wants a set and here’s your chance to nab one. Wüsthof knives have been around since 1814 and are manufactured by a skilled team of 300 dedicated workers in two state-of-the-art facilities in Solingen, Germany.
- Altec Lansing docking/charging speaker system for iPhone/iPod and earphones, valued at $200. The Muzx Ultra earphones deliver supreme sound and block out outside noise. The Octiv Duo docking speaker system produces crystal clear sound and fits in tight spaces like corners and kitchen counters.
- 3-month membership with 1 private training session at Clay health club, valued at $975. This is Alexis’ gym and she’s in love with the place. The facilities are super clean, the machines are top of the line and there’s lot of positive energy. There’s also a café with healthy and tasty food, a sauna and roof deck!
- Casio Baby-G watches, valued at $395. Winner gets colorful watches from the Vivid line. The Baby-G Vivid also keeps world time in 30 cities, ensuring that no matter where you are, you will always be on time and in style!
- For the shopaholics out there, you could win a $200 gift certificate from White House|Black Market. Since 1985, White House|Black Market’s passion has always been to make women feel beautiful. Their clothing remains a symbol of who they are: the honest simplicity of black and white, and the remarkable individuality of the different styles they build from it.
- T-Mobile’s new HTC HD2 phone, worth $450. This is T-Mobile’s first Windows phone to embody HTC Sense™ - a holistic experience that focuses on making phones work in the most intuitive way. HTC Sense is based on three core principles – make it mine, stay close, and discover the unexpected.
- Signed cookbooks by Martha Stewart and Emeril Lagasse, value: priceless. That's right! One lucky winner will receive two signed cookbooks by two of the biggest celebrity chefs. Even Gail Simmons will be jealous of you.
- Two winners will receive a New Balance gift certificate, worth $100 each. What's not to love about a Boston-based sneaker company that's been around for over 100 years? New Balance shoes are super comfy, durable and high-quality. Alexis uses New Balance kicks to workout at Clay!
- If you're a healthy eater or trying to go that route (Who isn't?). One person will score a SeaSnax gift basket, worth $155. The basket is filled will yummy and low-calorie seaweed and rice snacks that will keep you happy and healthy!
- One winner will receive a Thymes giftbasket, value to be determined. Thymes is known for their wonderful line of bath, body and home fragrance products. The products are created in their own labs by female chemists and never tested on animals. How cool is that?
- One person will receive cool Columbia Sportwear gear! For over 70 years Columbia has been focused on making the outdoors more enjoyable for everyone, and on getting more people out the door! 80-year-old Gert Boyle is the Chairman of the Board for Columbia Sportswear and her family founded the business. Alexis had the chance to interview Gert, which you can read here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I attend?
To attend, please purchase a ticket on our EventBrite page. When you receive your electronic ticket, you must print it out and show it to the door at the Norwood Club. Kinda like a concert! Due to legal reasons, Norwood cannot handle cash transactions at the door. If you leave your ticket at home, you can't attend the party, and you'll miss out on a great night!
- Can you tell me more about the actual party?
The party will have a two-hour open bar (9pm–11pm), courtesy of SKYY vodka, a pretty fly gift bag, and a dance party courtesy of DJ Ultragrrrl, who New York magazine calls "one of the most influential people in music." Photographer Steven Freeman, who has worked with MTV, Nike, People magazine, Martha Stewart Living and InStyle, will be taking photos of you dancing the night away. And if you have extra dollars, please tip the bartenders and participate in our auction raffle! We'll be raffling off good stuff, such as G-Shock watches and Altec Lansing speakers.
- What should I wear?
Formal attire. Think cool cocktail dresses for women, and suits and slacks for men. C'mon! When was the last time you dressed up? And weddings don't count. If you have more questions about attire, email us.
- Can I bring a friend?
Please note: this is a private party, the event space is small and your invite is non-transferable. If you want to invite a significant other or a mutual friend that’s fine but if you want to invite several friends please let us know first and we’ll see if there’s space for them. Merci!
About Gulf Aid
The mission of the Gulf Aid is to provide relief to the fishing community of the Gulf Coats and their families, and to address the long-term challenge of restoring and protecting America's coastal wetlands.
Gulf Aid, a 501(c3) nonprofit corporation, has been established in response to what has been called one of the biggest oil spills in history just 50 miles off of the Louisiana Coast.
Text "GULFAID 10" to 27138 to donate $10 to Gulf Aid. Replace "10" with the number of US dollars (no $ sign) you'd like to pledge, donate as little or as much as you like. Donors will receive an automated call the next day to fulfill their pledge over the phone via credit card.
The fund will ensure all proceeds are distributed to organizations focused on supporting wetlands/coastal environmental issues & the well-being of fishermen, and the regional seafood industry.